Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Something Loose in my iPhone

Here's a recent question I recieved:

Is my Iphone broken? How can I fix it?
recently it was in my pocket and I was about to catch a heavy falling cardboard and landed on my pocket, where my Iphone was.

It still works perfectly, but when I shake it, something from inside moves and makes sounds?
I bought it from a Rogers store, can I ask for to check it out or can I switch it for another one?



There is likely a piece broken off from your 'bottom dock' where the supports for your charging port can be easily broken off and slide inside your iPhone.

Alternatively, it could be part of your iPhone Speakerphone, which is also part of your 'bottom dock'. Think of it as a plastic box with a speaker inside... the box helps amplify the sound before it comes out the port in the bottom of your iPhone.

It will not likely cause further damage unless your iPhone gets crushed again and it creates a point of pressure against something inside the iPhone. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it.

Read more about the bottom dock for the iPhone 3G here:
http://www.griffinconcepts.com/?cat=repair&device=iPhone_3G&part=Complete_Dock

Read more about the bottom dock for the iPhone 3GS here:
http://www.griffinconcepts.com/?cat=repair&device=iPhone_3GS&part=Complete_Dock

No comments:

Post a Comment