Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Can you fix a bent pin in an iPhone dock?

Typically, No. Once a pin has been bent, it will never hold down to the dock. In an emergency, you can attempt to flatten it back out to the slot it belongs inside the plastic, but it will likely break. To do so, use a needle or pin, anything larger will likely cause more damage.

For a 2G iPhone, it's a much more complicated repair, and usually incurs more of a cost to fix than the iPhone is worth. However, you can ask for a custom repair.

For a more complete fix for a 3G or 3GS, you should get your bottom dock replaced.
iPhone 3G Bottom Dock
iPhone 3GS Bottom Dock

For an iPhone 4, you will need a dock replacement, ask for a custom repair.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this post i was looking iPhone repair tutorials for my iPhone 3gs bent pin but your post has guided me get bottom dock replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool stuff you have got and you keep update all of us.
    riparazione iphone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some truly wonderful work on behalf of the owner of this internet site , perfectly great articles . byt glas iphone 5 Göteborg

    ReplyDelete
  4. That appears to be excellent however i am still not too sure that I like it. At any rate will look far more into it and decide personally! iPhonereparation Göteborg

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is no doubt that Spring iPhone Repair is an outstanding service. I had a laga iphone 7. It needs to be repaired because its screen had broken, so I contacted to Fix My Phone, I found this service the best in all ways like Spring iPhone Repair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rapidly this kind of fantastic web site will surely unquestionably often be well-known amongst many creating any website people, for your meticulous articles along with testimonies. cell phone repair georgia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info.
    riparazione iphone roma

    ReplyDelete
  8. This article was written by a real thinking writer without a doubt. I agree many of the with the solid points made by the writer. I’ll be back day in and day for further new updates. www.iPhoneRepairTechs.com

    ReplyDelete